Ingredients (All Organic where possible):
- 4 Lamb Shanks
- 1 Large Brown Onion
- 1 Large Carrot
- 2 Sticks of Celery
- 1 Large Parsnip
- 3 Cloves Garlic
- 100 grams Buckwheat
- 2 Litres of Beef Broth or Stock
- Ghee or Coconut Oil
- Pink Himalayan Salt
- Black Pepper
- Soak buckwheat overnight in filtered water.
- In a large pot, brown lamb shanks in ghee/coconut oil. Remove and set aside.
- Chop onion, carrot, celery and parsnip. Add to pan juices and cook until tender, then add garlic and cook for a couple of minutes.
- Return shanks to pot along with the beef stock/broth. Bring to a gentle simmer and leave covered for at least 2 hours.
- Rinse buckwheat and stir through with salt and pepper to taste.
- If you like, you can add any extra vegetables (pumpkin, peas, chopped kale or spinach) towards the end and cook until they are tender.
- Serve and enjoy!