The weather’s getting a little nippy, so here’s my favourite chicken soup recipe to warm the heart on those cold evenings. Not only is it absolutely delicious, but it’s full of health boosting goodness, with a host of impressive benefits.
- 500g Organic Chicken Tenderloins, Cut in Half
- 1 Litre Water (Filtered if Possible)
- 1 Litre Chicken Stock (Organic if Possible)
- 2 Organic Brown Onions, Quartered
- 1 Bunch Organic Garlic, Roughly Chopped
- ½ Cup Organic Ginger, Finely Chopped
- 1 Whole Leek, Roughly Chopped
- 2 Organic Carrots, Roughly Chopped
- 4 Organic Celery Stalks, Roughly Chopped
- Tarragon Leaves
- Pink Himalayan Salt
- 50-100g Organic Butter
- ½ Organic Lemon
- Saute ginger and garlic (until lightly browned) in butter in a large pot or wok.
- Add water and stock, bring to a gentle simmer. Add onion, leek, salt and tarragon.
- Add celery & carrot, bring to a boil.
- Using a separate pan, lightly fry the chicken tenderloins in butter & lemon, without cooking them all the way through.
- Add the chicken to the soup, along with 50g butter.
- Let the soup boil gently for 30-45 minutes.
- Add salt to taste, and serve. Enjoy!