With the weather warming up, barbecues will soon be a weekly occurrence for many families. While I’m definitely a big fan of a traditional “steak & sausages” cook up, I also like to change things up every now and then and do a barbecued fish meal. My favourite fish to barbecue are mild, delicate ocean fish such as Pearl Perch and Spanish Mackerel (pictured here).
Cinnamon pineapple is a lesser known side dish which goes surprisingly well with this meal! I hope you like it!
- White Fish Fillets (of your choice)
- 1 Lemon
- 1 Pineapple
- Cherry Tomatoes
- Olive Oil
- Pink Himalayan Salt
- Black Cracked Pepper
*Organic ingredients wherever possible
- Turn on the BBQ, apply olive oil to the hot plate, and lay a large sheet of foil on top. Spread more oil over the top of the foil.
- Sprinkle lemon, salt & pepper on the fish filets, ready to cook.
- Place fish fillets onto the foil. Be sure to watch closely! They won’t take long. Flip carefully after a minute or so, then remove once cooked. When ready, they should come apart easily when poked, yet still be moist inside.
- Remove & dispose of foil.
- Cut pineapple into circular slices, and sprinkle with cinnamon.
- Thoroughly barbecue the slices in olive oil, along with the veggies.
- After a few minutes, turn the pineapple slices over.
- Serve when ready! Enjoy!